Nice move Steinberg...

I am an amateur blogger, so don't look at me!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Good luck with THAT one!

Today was a fairly easy day. I spent the time in ESL putting letters together to go home to the children's parents. This year, only 32% of the children at Mill Park have English as a first language.

Anyway, fairly uneventful, until I had a conversation with a child in the cafeteria. It went something like this:

Child: Hi Mr. Mason!

Me: Hello there child!

Child: Are you a teacher now?

Me: Yes I am.

Child: That's weird!

Me: What's weird about it?

Child: Well, you used to be a helper and now you're a teacher!

Me: Yah I guess that is kind of weird!

Child: Yah...Good luck with THAT one! *rolls eyes*

End scene

I have no idea what the eye roll meant, but it made me laugh for hours! This friends is why I love children:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

So fun to read about your subbing experiences! I had 4 assignments this week and it wasn't easy, but overall not a bad gig. I think I panic the most in those kindergarten rooms!

September 26, 2009 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Conversations like that are what keep me going during the long days/weeks! I love reading about what you're doing! I wouldn't be able to handle subbing, but you're creative and strong enough to get through it!

September 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Wayne Mason said...

I panic when things don't go like I think they should. I'm probably the most calm in kindergarten, only because it lowers my blood pressure:) Thank you Mary for the kind words!

September 27, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home